Farewell -Dr Mubeen Syed’s Retirement
The Staff and Partners at Teehey Lane Medical Centre arranged Farewell for Dr Mu-been Syed (Former GP Partner), who retired after working in NHS for 38 years. She had worked 10 years in hospital Gynaecology and the rest as a principal GP. She was also a member of the LMC representing local GPs.
Think Pharmacy - The Minor Ailment Service
The Minor Ailment Service makes it easy for you and your family to get advice and treatment for your health concerns at a time that suits you.
You dont need an appointment. You can visit any pharmacy for advice and treatment. You'll have free consultation with the pharmacist in a private room.
You can get advice and treatment for the below:
Electronic Prescription Service
Electronic Prescription Service : A new way to get your medicines and appliances
The EPS is an NHS Service. It gives you the chance to change how your GP sends your prescription to the place you choose to get your medicines or appliances from.
What does this mean for you?
- You will not have to visit your GP Practice to pick up your paper prescription, GP will send it electronically to the place you choose, saving your time.
- You may not have to wait as long at the pharmacy.
How you can use EPS?
Choose a place for your GP Practice to electronically send your prescription to.
Can I change my nomination or cancel it and get a paper prescription?
Yes you can, if you dont want your prescription to be sent electronically tell your GP.
We are now offering a free text reminder service, this will remind patients of upcoming appointments and give them the chance to cancel an appointment via text if necessary.
Dr. Salahuddin awarded with GP excellence award for his 40 years of service by his team members at GMC and TLMC
Dr. Salahuddin came to UK in 1974 - 40 years of NHS Service. He took over a near derelict building and changed it to a fit for purpose practice after 6 extensions and renovations.
1. He was nominated 22 times for National Award in the last 17 years.
2. Awarded with Beacon Practice by Ex Health Secretary Frank Dobson
3. Awarded GP of the year
4. Clinical Excellence 1995, 1998 Sanofi Winthrop/ ODA
5. Merit Award for PracticeTeambuilding (1997)
6. Clinical Excellence Award inCardiology (1997)
7. Clinical Excellence Award in GIdiseases (1998)
8. Beacon Practice Award- EffectivePrescribing (1999)
9. Beacon Practice Award- EffectivePrescribing (2000)
10.Finalist Cactus Practice Award, UK(2000)
11. Beacon Practice Award- EffectivePrescribing (2001)
12. Investors In People Award (2002)
13. Practice Team of the Year Award 2007 from The RCGP, Mersey
14. GP of the Year 2008 & 2011, RCGP, MerseyFaculty.
15. IT Innovation of the Year 2008, from RCGP, Mersey Faculty.
Patients aged 75 or over, should have a named dedicated doctor
Patients aged 75 or over will have a named GP to coordinate doctors and care homes with a dedicated telephone line so they can be advised for treatment.
Appointment Booking : 100% patients are being provided with same day appointment or the day of their choice
The surgery proved its commitment by providing quality and urgent care to our patients. Almost 100% of our patients are provided with same day appointments or the day of their choice.
Online Appointment Booking: Now You Can Book Appointments Online
TLMC now provides patients with online appointment booking feature. Please click on the appointment tab and follow the instruction. Alternatively you can call our reception staff, who are present for assistance.
Extension and Refurbishment of Teehey Lane Medical Centre was opened by Alison McGovern, MP Wirral South
As mentioned earlier in our January 2013 Newsletter, we are glad to announce that opening ceremony of our surgery after extension and refurbishment took place on 10th May 2013. Alison McGovern, MP Wirral South honored us with her presence along with Frank Field MP as an honorary guest. We are thankful to everyone who participated.
Alison McGovern MP Wirral South with Dr. Mohammed Salahuddin (Executive Partner, TLMC)
TLMC after extension
TLMC before extension
Welcome to the new website for Teehey Lane Medical Centre
Welcome along to our surgery website where we hope you will quickly benefit from a user friendly layout and a wealth of information about our healthcare services.Dr Hussain and Dr Sagar joined together to form a new partnership in April 2002. Dr Hussain has held practice at the premises since January 1974 whilst Dr Sagar began her practice at Port Sunlight in 1982.